Wednesday 5 March 2014

Another year is underway and I feel I must be more diligent in my up keep of this blog! 'Earth' is this years theme for my Voyage Art Textile group. I am working on a piece based on a photograph of rock art taken by my nephew in the Kimberly mountains of Australia. Watch this space!


Last week I experimented with 'Ice Dyeing' which was very exciting. I loved the big reveal when the ice finally melted and I rinsed off the fabric.



 
 
 
 
 
 
Last weekend Peter and I took a trip to Amboseli, a game park at the foot of Mount Kilimanjaro. Famous for it's elephants we saw huge families of up to 70 feeding on the lush vegetation in the swamps. We were very fortunate to see lions and, our favourites, hyenas. The mountain showed her glory to us each day. All very inspiring.


No comments:

Post a Comment